Sunday, September 23, 2007

Golden Globe Winners Annouced: My thoughts!

Best Picture Drama
Bandito Express

A deserving win if you ask me (It was my favorite bait of the month). Even though it won the grand prize at the festival, I thought either Cinematheque or Gone Since November would win since both of them had a lot of forum support. The biggest question here is, can Daniel win Bait of the month for the third time?

Best Actor Drama
Robert De Niro for Cherry Blossom

Another deserving win in my view. I wouldn't say he is a lock at this point, but it is very likely he could take home an Oscar.


Best Actress Drama
Jeanne Tripplehorn for Gone Since November

Once again another win I think is well deserved. I think she pretty much has the oscar in the bag, but Jacinda is most likely to cause an upset.


Best Picture Comedy/Musical
Exposed

Even though others will disagree, I think this was a surprise. I thought Daniel The Informer would win, or even The crowd pleasing Death King. It was a good bait though, and I have no problems with it's win.


Best Actor Comedy/Musical
Jack Black for Daniel The Informer

Pretty much expected. The next question is, will he land an oscar nod. The acting category, I feel, isn't as strong as previous month, so I expect Jack to at least come out with an oscar nod.


Best Actress Comedy/Musical
Jacinda Barrett for Exposed

Well deserved, and expect a oscar nod from her, and maybe even a win.


Best Supporting Actor
Daniel Auteuil for Cinematheque

I think this is well deserved, but Samuel L. Jackson could pull away with an upset for Bandito Express. The bait is getting tremandous buzz, and it could start increasing the chances of it's actors getting Oscar wins.


Best Supporting Actress
Gretchen Mol for The Jersey Widows

A good choice for the most part. My pick would of been Uma Thurman, but I think in this category no is a lock and anything can happen at the Oscars.


Best Director
Quentin Tarantino for Bandito Express

A great pick, no complaints here, but I think
Bernardo Bertolucci deserved it more. I think in the end, Quentin might not pull in an Oscar, and Bernardo will pull an upset. I feel it all comes down to which bait Johnny likes more. I think Johnny's ballot will be thedeciding factor for this category.


Best Screenplay
Quentin Tarantino for Bandito Express

Even though I don't think Quentin will win Director, I do think he will win this one. If Bandito has any award on lock, it's this one in my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home